CA Grown's Overnight French Toast
Dec 23, 2016 07:09AM
By Melanie Heisinger
Photo courtesy of CA Grown.
Peaches & Cream French Toast BakeServes 8
- 2- 15oz. cans sliced peaches, drained
- 1 loaf french bread, torn into medium sized pieces
- 3 large croissants, torn into medium sized pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1.5 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Butter a 13x9 pan. Add the french bread and croissant pieces to the pan
- Mix eggs, milk, 1/2 cup of the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla and pour over bread
- Place the drained peach slices onto the top of the bread
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and dust over the top of peaches. Top with chopped pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- In the morning, remove french toast from refrigerator and preheat oven to 350.
- Heat the remaining 1 cup heavy cream on low heat until it is reduced by half. For over french toast mixture and bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to rest. Serve with warm maple syrup and dust with powdered sugar